Float is the world’s leading resource planner, helping teams at brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Founded in 2011, Float is proudly self-funded, profitable and 100% remote. Our growing team of twenty-four are made up of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Success folks in more than eight countries.
About the Role
We're seeking a Senior Application Engineer to join a highly-skilled engineering team to maintain and scale a fast-growing SaaS product. The candidate will be an accomplished PHP programmer also experienced with development of at least one other application language in production (node.js preferred).
You will help us develop new features and maintain our codebase while supporting a wide variety of technologies. You should be familiar with modern microservice development and its associated benefits (and challenges) in creating stable, performant, rapidly deployable services.
You'll be working with our talented engineering team to build great features, scale, and maintain our codebase. Here's an example of what that might look like:
- Develop and test our next-generation applications
- Architect and extend our microservice suite for enhanced scalability and performance
- Optimize data structures, queries, and caching strategies
- Add new features to meet the needs of our customers
- Deliver performance enhancements
- Reviewing the engineering team's technical proposals and code
- Helping our support team triage technical and application-related issues
- Contribute to internal tools to help our engineers, sales and customer support teams work more efficiently
The salary range for this role is US $115-$140K.
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including:
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. We are a US-based company, if you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a contractor.
About the Process
Post will be open until April 2, 2021. We will be in touch with eligible candidates starting Tuesday, 23rd of March with a view to secure a start-date to kick off in late April 2021.
For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
For the best advice on submitting a successful application, check out our CEO’s post on top tips for applying for a role at Float.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.