About the Position
FiscalNote seeks a full-time Associate Solutions Consultant (ASC) to join the Solutions Engineering team. The ASC will be part of a dynamic and creative team, building python-based technical solutions, working with legislative and regulatory data. The ASC will collaborate with FiscalNote’s Account Management, Product, and Engineering teams in order to scope, build, test, and deliver solutions that leverage FiscalNote’s data. Additionally, the ASC will interface with current and future FiscalNote clients to facilitate each stage of solution delivery.
About the Research and Development Team
The Research and Development Department at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The Department includes the Product, Research, and Technology Teams. These teams work together to develop and deliver solutions for FiscalNote’s clients. The Solutions Engineering team is part of the Technology Organization. The Solutions Engineering team works directly with both internal and external clients to deliver new products, prototype new ideas with the goal of market expansion, and supplement and support the FiscalNote SaaS platform.
You are a self-starter who is enthusiastic about working at the intersection of technology and policy. You thrive when interacting directly with clients. As an excellent communicator and savvy technologist, you have the unique ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You are a relentless problem-solver committed to finding the right solution for a client's needs.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Work with clients to solve pain points by creating solutions for collecting and aggregating data from various sources, including government websites.
- Work with the Business Development team to support sales of FiscalNote data through APIs and Data Feeds, as well as sales of custom integrations.
- Pitch and develop new internal projects to drive forward the company’s strategic vision
- Define the scope and cost of the custom components of new engagements
- Keep pace with innovation in the FiscalNote product suite, new use cases, and features as they become available
- Leverage our world-class Policy and Data Science teams to dive deeper into the effectiveness and capability of our platform with potential customers
- Collaborate across teams using Github for code reviews and version control
- Some of the teams you may collaborate with include Data Science, Engineering, Professional Services, and Business Development.
What Sets you Apart:
- You have experience working with clients and are excited to grow FiscalNote’s business through sales of data and custom integrations
- A passion for data-driven decision making in Government
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A technology-forward mindset with a background in Python or other data manipulation tooling
- You’re self-driven and creative with excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to learn more about technology and our government affairs client base
- Undergraduate degree in political science, economics, or another quantitative degree (preferred)
- At least 1-2 years of experience with, R, PostgreSQL, or analogous programming and database languages (preferred)
- Experience with Git version control (preferred)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-based databases (preferred)
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, and other commonly used data structures (preferred)
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Flask, HTML/CSS, or any front-end development frameworks (preferred)
- Familiarity with government data stores and experience working with APIs (preferred)
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ? Find the Truth ? Drive Alignment ? Level Up ? Own the Job ? Bias for Action ? Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.