Join First Transit as Fleet Care Service Employee!
The Service Employee is a labor-intensive position in a fast-paced environment, where the employee refuels and verifies fluid levels (oil, coolant) on all buses and performs cleaning of vehicles and facilities inside and out.
Shift Schedule: Thursday-Friday 3:30-12am; Saturday 2pm-10:30pm; Sunday 2pm – 10:30; Monday 3:30 – 12am. Must be able to work holidays.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $12.80/hour starting wage!
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- A great work environment!
Fleet Care Service Employee major responsibilities:
- Work in a fast-paced, labor-intensive manner.
- Fuel all vehicles.
- Check and maintain fluid levels including engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.
- Clean and detail the interiors and exteriors of vehicles.
- Maintain service lane in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Complete other maintenance tasks assigned by supervisor.
Fleet Care Service Employee requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform physical demands of job which includes standing and walking for entire shift.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, and rainy conditions.
- Previous experience with commercial vehicle fueling, cleaning, and detailing is desired.
- Ability to work assigned shift, including holidays.
- Be subject to a drug test and DOT physical (paid for by employer). Employees must re-certify their DOT medical card annually.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.