The Consumer Loan Officer evaluates the members credit needs by analyzing loan requests. This individual approves or denies the loan requests within delegated authority and recommends loans outside of established authority to the Executive Loan Officer.Job Requirements
The Consumer Loan Officer will assume, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Receives loan applications through Lending phone queue and Online. Reviews applications, all forms of proof of income and other documentation and qualifications to determine credit worthiness of applicants.
- Combines credit scoring and sound judgment to make lending decisions in the best interest of the member and the credit union.
- Discloses loan, ensuring member understands debt responsibility, and disburses loan, ensuring all documents, forms and DMV paperwork are appropriately signed.
- Works with various branches, departments, and members in support of the lending efforts of the credit union.
- Provides advice and assistance to members relative to blue book values and general funding needs.
- Consults with Executive Loan Officer regarding complex or borderline applications.
- Determines members’ financial needs and provides product and service information to members to meet those needs.
- Cross-sells ancillary loan- and credit protection products such as MMP, GAP, and Debt Cancellation in conjunction with assigned goals.
The successful candidate will possess the following education, knowledge and skillsets:
- Minimum three years’ experience as a loan underwriter and evaluator, working in a computerized environment
- Working knowledge of consumer lending concepts and regulations and loan collection concepts and practices
- Ability to effectively collect and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to read, decipher and discuss credit report data and codes
- Demonstrated ability to promote and cross-sell additional products and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Basic math, personal computer and 10-key skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
We provide competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Paid holidays