First Brands Group, LLC is the parent company of many of the automotive industries most recognizable OEM and Aftermarket brands. First Brands Group is a privately held organization and leader in automotive repair and maintenance products. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with operations found around the globe, we are a team of professionals dedicated to building profitable, enduring growth among all our customers with an unrelenting drive to exceed customer’s expectations.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resource Manager at our FRAM Filtration Plant in our Greenville, Ohio . The primary focus of role is to function as a consultant to management on Human Resource and Health/Safety/Environmental related issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Align business objectives with employees and management in designated business units to include Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
- Develops policy and directs and coordinates HR/HSE activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training/development, health/safety/environmental, and plant security.
- Work closely with all hiring managers to develop and meet recruitment plans. Identify, qualify, source and recruit employees. Analyze and develop recruiting needs and strategies.
- Conduct, analyze and respond to compensation and benefit surveys. Determine competitive pay levels: provide counsel and guidance to management on compensation issues. Facilitate the administration of performance evaluation/merit increases.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate human resource policies relating to recruitment, salary and benefits administration, EEO/AAP, labor law compliance and employee relations. Review, maintain and add new labor relation procedures.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Manages and interprets Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Sit first chair in the negotiation of the CBA.
- Oversee health/safety/environmental programs to include interface with regulatory agencies and business unit personnel to direct health/safety/environmental efforts. Participate in environmental compliance audits.
- Develop, oversee, and assist with staff training, development and coaching of supervisors/managers.
- Oversee the human resource information systems database and necessary reporting activities
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources, Training, and Health/Safety/Environmental Departments. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field
- 8+ years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment to include Benefits and HRIS
- 5+ years of Labor Relations/Union experience
- Experience partnering with management and staff in a team-based environment
- Work independently and in cooperation with others on multiple activities, with flexibility to manage competing demands and changing priorities
- Track record of ability to handle duties of a confidential nature with judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and advanced HRIS skills, UltiPro preferred
- Must be energetic, polished, customer-service oriented and adaptable to ongoing change
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status