FYI helps companies create a more productive and happier workplace through the use of technology that bridges timezones, teams and tools. Work has become fragmented.
No single app will ever provide everything a whole company needs. Each team uses their own set of tools to create, store, and share information.
Work is now distributed across time zones, teams, and tools.
It’s getting worse. Self-service, freemium, and SaaS apps have given anyone the ability to easily add another app to their company.
Even enterprise companies are struggling as they move to the cloud and realize that shared drives and workspaces are a thing of the past.
With this fragmentation, it’s now impossible to see what’s happening at work.
FYI brings documents, teams, and tools into a single interface that’s connected to all the software that a company uses.
Our StoryFYI is the result of over 500 conversations with customers, thousands of survey responses, extensive competitive analysis, an early prototype that was built in five days, and numerous product iterations and growth experiments.
The small remote team at FYI has been hard at work solving a huge problem. FYI was launched in 2018 to help solve the most painful problem people have with documents: finding them. This isn’t just a problem individuals have. Teams and companies have it even worse.
FYI co-founder & CEO Hiten Shah has spent over a decade building software products, including Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics. He and his co-founder Marie Prokopets are committed to solving the information mess inside of companies and making FYI the one source of truth for organizations.
You’ll be joining as a key member of the team to build the future of how everyone in a company finds and shares information.
What’s it Like to Work at FYI?We love learning from customers and being data-informed. You’ll be working on a product that is backed by customer research from the start.
Moving fast is a requirement so we can iterate based on what we learn from our customers.
We highly value and celebrate clear communication and clarity of thought, because the number one problem of remote work is communication. We’ve written about it here.
We love sharing what we learn about how people work and collaborate online. Here’s a recent article on why people switch document apps.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will own a key part of FYI’s infrastructure. Through building integrations with cloud services such as G-Suite, Dropbox, Notion, and many more, you’ll help FYI make sure the product delivers on its value proposition: finding the information people need at work, right when they need it.
What You’ll Do:
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling.
- Analyze cloud products and API documentation to design and build integrations
- Data processing, search indexing, API layer.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who We’re Looking For
- You should know AWS, including: API Gateway, CloudFront, CodeBuild, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Fargate, Kinesis, Lamba, RDS, S3.
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: Elasticsearch, Flask, GraphQL, Python, PostgreSQL, SQL, Redis, Serverless.
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.