Explosion Protection Field Service Technician 1 - Multiple Locations Available
Fike Corporation, a rapidly growing international manufacturer of pressure relief, explosion protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has an opportunity for an Explosion Protection Field Service Technician 1 position. There are three positions available in Kansas City, MO, Houston/Dallas, TX and Charlotte, NC. Fike is a privately held business located in Blue Springs, MO with over 400 employees locally & over 1,200 employees worldwide.
At Fike, our people are our strength. In order to fulfill our greatest potential, we are committed to attracting, growing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Better, Together as oneFike!
Provides highly skilled electrical and mechanical support on maintenance and troubleshooting of Fike’s Explosion Protection (EP) systems. Performs onsite customer service and support for the maintenance services in varying conditions ranging from -50 below zero to +120 degrees Fahrenheit in ever changing surroundings from coal dust to sterile pharmaceutical conditions. The complexity of the work requires initiative and independent judgment on matters relating to the installation and operation of the system. Prepares thorough reports on the work performed and any deficiencies found utilizing Fike’s electronic field service platform. Travels up to 65-75% of the time, primarily domestic.
- Provides prompt, courteous technical support, achieving customer satisfaction through helpfulness and creativity.
- Must understand technical applications and respond appropriately to make recommendations to customer relative to effective use of Fike equipment.
- Expected to multi-task with many projects relating to Fike supplied equipment.
- Participates in job site problem analysis.
- Pulls together all facts and documentation for site issues and communicates to appropriate personnel.
- Travels to various facilities, nationwide, as required.
- Performs emergency rebuild, routine service and troubleshoots problems at jobsites.
- Ensures performance to the scope of work and Fike design installation drawing.
- Promotes routine maintenance of Fike installed systems and performs site audits to identify potential hazards that could result in additional Fike products and services.
- Complies with Fike expense policy and provides weekly reports for customer billing and expense reimbursement.
- Participates in emergency/after-hours trips requiring immediate attention to meet customer schedules.
- Assists repair department with analysis and diagnosis of returned products.
- Assists supervisor in defining goals, accessing problems, and offering solutions.
- Applies knowledge of Fike systems and applications to assist in problem solving to both internal and external customers.
- Documents issues and findings and communicates effectively to required groups.
- Ensures resources comply with all customer safety requirements.
- Provides customer service in accordance with company policies, procedures and ISO-9001 requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed.
- Utilize Fike’s electronic field service platform to prepare reports on work performed and document all pertinent information.
Subject Matter Understanding. Analytical. Computer Applications. Electrical/Electronic. Mechanical. Troubleshooting. Verbal and Written Communication. Presentation Skills. Initiative. Project Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, see, sit and, use hands. Must be able to lift more than 75 pounds without the aid of equipment, climb ladders, and work in difficult situations such as elevated heights, off of man lifts, scaffolding, tight spaces, and ever changing environments. Must be able to travel for consecutive days.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related electrical, low voltage, or mechanical experience.
- Demonstrated mechanical or electrical technical knowledge.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills needed to accurately describe problems and communicate with customers.
- Valid driver’s license. Must be able to obtain a Passport.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and/or Google Suite.
- Associate's degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of NFPA standards and other related code requirements.
- Experience or education in the field of Explosion Protection, Fire Protection, or other related special hazard protection.
- Bi or multi-lingual.
- Experience in computer and/or security networking.
- Previous field service experience for an industrial product.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Program
- Education Reimbursement
Refer to Req ID 481. Please visit our web site at [ Link Removed ] to fill out an application.
Fike is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position is Employee Referral Bonus eligible. Please see the rules and regulations of the program - [ Link Removed ] .