This position is responsible for the overall sales performance/growth of the plumbing wholesale accounts, including direct responsibility for EZ-FLO key accounts (as determined), communications, support, measurement and management of Independent Manufacturer Representatives and support and communications with the Customer Service Reps that have responsibility for the designated region/regions.
- Responsible for the overall sales performance of wholesale and EZ-FLO key accounts.
- Maintain a contact program with key accounts and Independent Manufacturer Representative (IMR)
- Perform market studies with the goal of producing sales and marketing plans that identify opportunities to develop new business within the plumbing wholesale industry for EZ-FLO.
- Develop key customer relationships with Independent Rep Firms to promote EZ-FLO programs and products.
- Develop strategies to maximize market penetration.
- Assist in establishing sales budget along with expense budget that supports the business plan for plumbing wholesale markets.
- Responsible for meeting company’s annual sales budget.
- Review and analyze product penetration, gross margin, sales goal, new customers, and frequency of purchases.
- Provide input to marketing on sales specials and monthly flyers along with special customer promotions.
- Provide input to marketing on regional competitive pricing, competitor intelligence and general market conditions.
- Proactively develop strategies to acquire new customers and identify opportunities to grow existing customer’s sales.
- Facilitate the measurement of the IMR performance in the assigned region, including determining replacement and/or the addition of IMR’s as needed.
- Insure that all IMR contracts are current and accurate.
- Coordinate special pricing and rebate programs and insure that proper communications are made both internally and externally.
- Work with the Product Managers to develop and expand product offerings as needed to develop a competitive advantage.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage sales and expense budget for wholesale channel
- Responsible for providing monthly updates on territory performance and for developing ongoing forecasts for new and existing customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience
- 7+ years’ experience in sales, preferably in plumbing, hardware and/or other building material fields.
- Experience in outside sales, preferably experience selling to wholesale accounts
- Experience managing Independent Manufacturing Representatives a plus
- Experience managing day to day sales and account activity
- Proven track record of generating profitable and measured business growth in previous roles.
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must display strong organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively manage.
- Prior experience in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment and prioritize and accomplish goals within specified time frames.
- Must be proficient with the use of databases, spreadsheets and related computer programs.
- Must be results oriented and self-motivated.