- The Full Stack Developer will assist in leading the development effort of object-oriented maintainable applications and setting software development standards for the Information Technology department.
- At Exzeo we are modernizing insurance to continue to lead the pack in insurance technology.
- This position allows the right developer to refine your skills as we move toward a continuous integration environment.
- Having experience with Automation, Containerization, Docker, and/or micro-services are essential to this role.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Develop applications using MERN Stack
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Design
- Develop back end applications using Node.js
- Familiarity with Express Webserver
- Strong experience with source code control platform (GIT, GIThub, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology and strong understanding of the SDLC
- Ability to create clean and professional GUI interfaces
- Test and document software for software applications
- Research and resolve application issues using current or new technology
- Research and develop solutions to improve business processes
- Mentor other team members in development strategies/methodologies
- Experience with Entity Framework and/or MVC a plus
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player who can be counted on to do his/her part of the work and be relied on to complete tasks on time and work cooperatively with others
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs
- Experience working with end user community to achieve business goals and cooperation throughout the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to find creative solutions to various issues
- Experience with financial transaction processing a plus
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Formal educational experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other closely related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of full stack development experience