The Company You’ll Join
At Extracker we make the construction industry more efficient by using technology to better communicate project costs between companies.
Every day thousands of pounds of paper and hundreds of personnel hours are consumed to record and communicate extra work completed on construction job sites around the world.
These pieces of paper can take days or weeks to reach the office and from there need to be scanned, manually transcribed, and tediously recorded into spreadsheets, that is, if they aren’t lost or damaged first.
In an industry with constant change and thin margins, this results in a massive loss of valuable time and money for hard working contractors.
Extracker creates tools to help contractors dramatically increase the organization and efficiency of this system, called “change order communication,” by intelligently digitizing this age-old paper process. This leads to an increase in profits, more successful contractor to customer relationships, more transparency into a project’s true cost, and less wasted paper!
Our offices are currently located in the Lafayette, CA with team members working in San Francisco, Truckee, and San Ramon, California and we are also open to remote candidates.
Just as TurboTax did for tax documents and Expensify did for receipts and expense reports, Extracker is doing for change order communication and log management by building first-of-its-kind, category defining software that is revolutionizing the commercial construction industry.
As an early senior leading member of the team you will have an exceptional level of impact on the development and iteration of our product as well as the workplace culture and team itself.
This is your chance to join a team that is bringing game-changing, modern web tools and dynamic financial analysis systems to a stagnant, static, pen and paper part of the commercial construction industry.
The Problems You’ll Solve:
As a full-stack developer at Extracker, you will play a critical role in making sure our front-end web apps and back-end services are serving the needs of users in the commercial construction space. Quick and constant communication in this space is vital to ensure work does not stop and costs are maintained. Extracker is a mission critical piece of a contractor's workflow. Our applications must be reliable, performant, and usable -- this is where you come in.
- Work closely with a small team of engineers
- Build and maintain both back-end and front-end applications
- How you can invent new capabilities to give our customers dynamic analysis and insights into previously siloed and static logs, reports, and data.
- Scaling a system to support tens of thousands of contractors and millions of events.
- Coming up with creative solutions for caching and asset management.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of files and data sent by users.
- Structuring data to be used efficiently by users and for their business intelligence needs.
- How to combine rapid release of features with a commitment to our uptime SLAs and functionality of our platform.
- Collaborate with the team to refactor, upgrade, and improve applications where necessary
- How to effectively and consistently estimate your work; be responsible for getting clarification when needed and communicate timing
- How Extracker, can continue to be a leading category defining platform, and can establish ourselves technologically as the industry gold standard for digital Time and Material Tag documents and Change Order Request communications.
- Ample opportunities to advance your role and responsibilities in a rapidly growing organization
- The ability to influence the culture of your workplace, help build the engineering org and be a voice in refining our development and product processes
- The ability to make immediate impact with a product that already has an established product market fit and a healthy and growing user base
- First hand exposure to the new emerging sector at the intersection of fin-tech and construction technology
- Opportunity for significant product ownership and influence
- Rapid feedback on your contribution from customers through close working relationships with customer success, sales and executive leadership
- Competitive market-rate salary for a Series A company
- Subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental.
- Early equity!
Nice to have experience:
- Programmatic PDF document authoring/conversion/merging
- Conjur (or other RBAC auth systems and concepts)
- GetStream.io implementation
- Big data, data warehousing, BigQuery, etc.
- Pub/sub systems
- Familiarity with Snowplow and/or event tracking systems
- DevOps (particularly CI/CD tools, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub actions, GCP CloudBuild)
- Familiarity with SDLC concepts and working in an environment that meets SOC 2 Type II requirements, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Previous with FinTech experience
- Previous experience in the commercial construction industry either in-the-field or on the software side
- Previous experience with FinTech
- Previous experience with cloud file storage
We believe teams do their best work by drawing on a diverse range of staff backgrounds, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who are neurally diverse, and those with physical challenges and/or disabilities to apply.
More important than meeting 100% of qualifications, we are looking for collaborative, long-term team members with a growth mindset, a commitment to proactive communication, and a bias towards action, who are aligned and excited with our company’s mission to build the industry standard in digital change order communication for the commercial construction industry.