Join the European XFEL
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
Within our Electronic & Electrical Engineering group we are looking for a
FPGA Engineer (f/m/d)
The position is for implementation of Machine Learning algorithms with FPGA platform as the target, offering an opportunity to dive into state of the art computation and analysis topics while working in a facility that is at the forefront of scientific research.
Your main tasks will be :
- investigation of platforms and solutions related to FPGA based scientific data reduction and machine learning
- evaluation of different data reduction related approaches in collaboration with software developers and scientists
- design, simulation and integration of online processing algorithms for image detectors and digitizer data
- collaboration and interaction with other groups and institutes
- work autonomously, independently and in an organized manner within a highly motivated international team
You have a completed degree or want to do a post-doc in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent and have:
- knowledge in machine learning, with experience in the field
- completed projects incorporating both design and integration, preferably in a scientific environment
- knowledge of FPGA programming related to high-speed processing and serial interfaces
- experience with the Xilinx Alveo and ZYNQ platforms is considered an asset
- good communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team, with English as the working language
For additional information, please contact Patrick Geßler (email@example.com).
The working place will be Schenefeld, in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found here.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: E-276
Duration: This appointment is limited to 2 years.
Please apply online and provide a motivation letter next to a CV in English, as well as your references and list of publications in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
European XFEL GmbH
Holzkoppel 4, 22869 Schenefeld, Germany