The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
In a team of 50 engineers and technicians, you will participate in a project focussing on the implementation of FAIR data management practices at the ESRF. In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, the production of scientific data will evolve significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data is handled today. You will work in close collaboration with software engineers working on databases, beamline control and data analysis, and will interact with scientists and users to assess and address their needs in data management.
Your missions are the following:
- Extend and unify the sample tracking web applications (in React.js)
- Test and deploy the new LIMS database backend
- Contribute to converting the current LIMS backend to a new technology stack
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of professional experience
- Experience with full stack development will be considered essential.
- Good to high knowledge of developing web applications
- Experience and/or knowledge of React.js is considered an advantage
- Good to high knowledge of databases (SQL and/or noSQL)
- Basic to good knowledge of Python.
- Good communication and team spirit.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).