EQ3 is an imaginative leader in furniture and accessory design with retail locations across Canada and the US and a rapidly growing ecommerce presence. We are seeking a Lead Kotlin/Java Developer to join our growing tech team. As a lead developer at EQ3, you will work amongst a talented, high-energy team to improve on our existing custom-built ecommerce and retail platforms and build new customer facing features using leading-edge technologies.
The skills you’ll need:
- Comprehensive understanding of Kotlin / Java 12 and java best practices
- Experience consuming, producing, and designing RESTful API’s
- Understanding of data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience setting up and maintaining Deployment Pipelines in Jenkins, BitBucket Pipelines, etc.
- AWS stack including, but not limited to ECS, Fargate, RDS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.
- Develop and manage services leveraging container technologies like docker / Kubernetes
- Knowledge of event-driven architectures and message bus technologies considered an asset
- Tracking testing code coverage, code reviews, and continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Managing and developing best practices for continuous deployment and integration workflows considered an asset
- Experience leading teams of developers (5+) considered an asset
People we’re looking for:
- Leaders and self-starters comfortable working with little direction
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Are receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
- Are invested in personal growth and continued learning
What it’s like to work at EQ3:
- A fast-paced and growth-focused work environment
- High-performance team open to iteration and continuous improvement
- Exposure to leading-edge technology
- Opportunities to contribute to core platform architecture and have new ideas heard and implemented