The Office Supervisor is responsible for effective and efficient management of office, administrative, and clerical services. This role organizes and coordinates office administration, services, and procedures. The Office Supervisor coordinates facilities & maintenance activities including outsourcing building maintenance, as necessary. This role also provides HR-related support and performs sales, marketing, and accounting/billing support.
- Develops procedures and systems for office personnel.
- Manages employee schedules and troubleshoots conflicts as they arise.
- Maintains schedule and appointments.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Promotes a team atmosphere through leadership and employee development.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains customer files and contract information.
- Partners with company human resources in providing support to employees.
- Organizes office operations and procedures.
- Provides marketing and sales support.
- Plans direct and coordinate activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops teams.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years progressive office / administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- A high degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
The Matthews Environmental Solutions division of Matthews Memorialization is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services. It is a total solutions provider for combustion products and services with a passion for the environment and success for our clients. We are a global leader in cremation equipment, waste incinerator systems, environmental solutions, service, parts, supplies, crematory management and memorial products. We have a passion for innovation and are committed to continually finding new solutions for a varied customer base.
Matthews Environmental Solutions and Matthews Memorialization are (MATW) Matthews International companies.
[ Link Removed ]
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.? Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.