Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About the team
The Cloud Billing team’s mission is to provide a simple, transparent and flexible SaaS billing experience based on the consumption of cloud resources and other Elastic services. The Elastic Cloud service is operated at global scale - across all top 3 public cloud providers, in 50 plus regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for customers in every industry. The Billing team sits at the heart of Elastic’s business strategy, enabling the company to grow by developing capabilities like usage-based metering, consumption billing and marketplace integrations.
Our team builds data pipelines that collect millions of usage data points from distributed data sources across AWS, GCP and Azure. We then transport them reliably and accurately to Elasticsearch and monetize it to produce billing data.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced software developer to help us make an immediate impact to our monetization strategy. You will work along side a distributed team to craft billing models that drives the growth of our Cloud products. You will learn how to meter and bill distributed applications using the Elastic Stack. This role will require collaboration with product managers, design team and other developers to achieve our goals.
Some of the things you'll work on
- Implement features and execute on the roadmap for the Billing area of Cloud. This includes working on the parts of the codebase that brings in monthly subscription revenue from thousands of Elasticsearch Service users.
- Build scalable solutions and expose them via elegant REST APIs to deliver the best payments experience for the Elasticsearch Service.
- Add features to the backend services in Python that uses Elasticsearch
- Collaborate with other teams in Cloud Infrastructure to develop scalable, automated solutions that drive our SaaS business
- Be hands-on with the codebase. Review work done by your peers, and provide constructive feedback.
- Work on crafting a stable, scalable and reliable ingestion pipeline built using Elastic products to harvest usage data from multiple products.
- Use Elasticsearch and Kibana to aggregate data for billing and usage reporting purposes
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
What you will bring along
- You care deeply about the design and quality of the features you ship
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, with a track record of delivering high-quality code.
- Must have experience with Python as a programming language
- Experience using Elasticsearch or Postgres in your application as a data store and analytics engine.
- Experience or interest in working on SaaS billing or metering systems is a huge plus
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a globally distributed team
- You love working with a diverse, worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits
- Equity compensation
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.