Eezy.com is a rapidly growing freemium stock marketplace, whose mission is to make beautiful graphic resources available to everyone, everywhere. We currently serve millions of monthly active users, from 150+ countries in 7 languages.
We’re growing our team and we’re looking for a leader to help manage, grow, and scale a team of Engineers. As the Director of Engineering, you will work alongside the CTO in leading the Engineering organization.
- Lead hiring for the engineering organization. Collaborate with the CTO, and engineering leads to hire the best talent available.
- Work with the team to build and maintain efficient engineering processes. This involves working with the director of product to implement agile processes and making necessary adjustments to make sure they run smoothly and efficiently.
- Lead team meetings as well as hold 1:1s as needed with engineers to help remove blockers, increase performance, and lead engineers to success at Eezy.
- Ensure the team strives to implement and maintain engineering best practices, using process and tooling to optimize the team’s effectiveness.
- Responsible for ensuring new features are released on time, working with the team to create, update and prioritize the release plans.
- The Director of Engineering is responsible for working with the Director of Product to build a development schedule based on company priorities, working with the engineering team to size priorities (EPICs/features/tickets) and using historical team velocity to build an attainable schedule for the teams. The Director of Engineering is then responsible for leading the team to deliver projects, features, fixes and maintenance tasks on time, according to the committed schedule.
- Act as an advocate for the engineering team. Provide support and encouragement so the Development Team can do their best work.
- Proven track record managing a team of Engineers in an Agile environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead the Engineering department in cross-functional collaboration.
- A strong foundation of understanding for technical concepts in front and backend web development (Ruby on Rails a plus).
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- 2+ years working as a Lead Developer (or similar role) with previous experience working in an agile or other fast-paced software development environments.
- 2+ years experience as a Director of Engineering.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn and push boundaries of what is possible.
- Experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
We are seeking individuals who incorporate our G.A.R.D.E.N into their daily lives and work.
- Genuine, Ambition, Reliable, Detailed, Enthusiastic, and Nimble