Edgestream Partners is a tight-knit team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals who devote our talents to developing quantitative models of financial markets and using them to trade systematically around the world and around the clock.
Edgestream’s culture has more in common with research laboratories and technology startups than with traditional finance. We prize curiosity, creativity, diligence, and intellectual honesty. We focus on the long term, working together to build elegant and general systems that endure and scale as we grow. And we incentivize our employees to cooperate and share ideas, because we know that compounding our efforts magnifies our achievements. The result is a company where smart, dedicated effort can have a major impact.
We’ve been in the hedge fund business since 2003, and we’re still growing. We’re looking for talented and driven people who can grow with us in the years ahead.
About the Job
Edgestream is looking for a Data Engineer to develop and monitor our data pipeline and
become a high-impact member of our data team.
- Design and implement a data integration platform for managing financial data.
- Oversee and manage the data pipeline, from data download to the live trading system:
- Develop monitoring tools and reports at all pipeline levels,
- Ensure high data quality throughout the pipeline.
- Develop production-ready software for data retrieval, storage, ETL, and analysis.
- Work in a distributed multiprocessing environment.
- Onboard new data for both historical testing and real-time systems.
- Aid in the design of real-time data acquisition systems.
- Perform data analysis to validate data quality.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, the portfolio and research teams, software engineers, and trading-operations staff.
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or physical sciences and engineering.
- Experience processing, cleaning, and storing (ETL) numerical and non-numerical data.
- Strong programming skills, in one or many of the following:
- Python, Pandas, Numpy, Matlab, R,
- Linux/UNIX: command line tools, filesystems, signals, pipes.
- An interest in working on a wide spectrum of projects, including ETL pipeline engineering, data onboarding, and data analysis.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborative on larger projects.
- No prior experience in finance required.
Some of the benefits of working at Edgestream:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and incentive compensation based on overall company performance.
- Fantastic resources, accumulated over decades, for turning ideas into reality.
- Comprehensive, first-class benefits (including excellent medical and dental insurance, 401(k), HRA, FSA, life and disability insurance, catered lunch, and an onsite gym).
- For qualified employees, the opportunity to invest in our funds.
Legal disclaimer: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify
identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment