ECS is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS, a segment of ASGN, is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A to join its corporate FP&A team. This is a highly visible role in the CFO organization responsible for supporting company-wide financial planning, analysis and reporting. In this role, you will support the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and variance analysis for the company's key financial metrics -- Revenue, Gross Margin, EBITDA, DSO, Bookings and Backlog. The Sr. Financial Analyst will report to the Manager, FP&A and will work closely with Program Control organization and Accounting department.
The role will also include the following duties:
* Take a leading role in tracking and measuring business performance, including identifying drivers behind metrics and calculation of key metrics in support of variance reporting
* Collaborate with the program control team to drive annual budgeting process to closure by effectively defining and communicating finance business rhythm and guidance.
* Develop P&L forecast and other similar financial metrics to track important business trends and report on key financial and performance indicators (KPIs).
* Develop meaningful analysis between current results against relevant comparison points, both past and future, at the revenue, gross profit, cost of sales, SG&A and EBITDA levels.
* Develop reports and maintain a wide range of schedules that provide interpretive budget analysis for senior management.
* Work closely with corporate accounting and business units during the monthly close to ensure accuracy and completeness of corporate financial results.
* Analyze resource utilization and provide commentary/recommendations and their impact to financial performance.
* Draft statements for input to investor presentations and associated narratives for both internal/external use.
* Support data requests and analysis from external auditors.
* Assist in enhancing and maintaining the systems and processes necessary for ensuring data integrity and reporting
* Ad-hoc analysis as needed
* 5+ years of experience in Corporate FP&A
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, business or related field
* Expert level Excel functionality (power query, pivot tables, macros)
* Experience working for government contracting firm, preferably in program finance and working knowledge of major contract types
* Power user experience with a multi-dimensional enterprise resource planning system such as Oracle Hyperion
* Experience providing financial information for investor relations for a publicly traded company, or large PE firm
* Extensive experience working with large data sets
* Ability to think critically to solve problems without outside support or guidance
* Ability to prioritize tasks based on materiality, urgency and complexity
* Possess strong oral and written communication skills, and comfortable with presenting to executive leadership
* Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven culture
* MBA or advanced degree preferred
* Accounting background a plus
* SQL experience a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.