By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Eaton Vance manages alternative investment products that currently have $6+ Billion invested in real estate assets. Eaton Vance seeks a Real Estate Investments Manager for its Alternative Investments team within the Fund Administration department. The team accounts for a significant number of acquisition, disposition and financing transactions recurrently. In this role the successful candidate will be a strong team contributor, responsible for managing all aspects of accounting and reporting of real estate investments, including transaction accounting. The real estate investments are held through various ownership structures in several market sectors and are managed by independent property management companies. Effective communication and relationship skills as well as a strong understanding of internal controls and a strong attention to detail are critical for this function.
- Manage the overall accounting and internal and external reporting records for wholly-owned and co-owned subsidiaries (currently in the following sectors: multi-family, office, industrial and mixed use). (approximately 75% of time):
- Review or prepare technically accurate real estate transaction accounting. This includes independent research, analysis and evaluation of accounting and finance transactions for compliance with agreements as well as the adherence to all applicable accounting rules and regulations.
- Manage monthly and on-going accounting and reporting processes of wholly-owned and co-owned subsidiaries. Manage the accounting and onboarding for acquired properties.
- Work closely with the internal Real Estate Investment Group and the real estate tax team on various matters including transactions, borrowings and operational issues.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with property managers and other outside service providers. This includes managing transitions to new property managers.
- Provide accurate and consistent accounting instruction to service providers.
- Coordinate year-end audits related to real estate investments, working closely with property managers, service providers such as State Street Bank and Trust, the audit firm and others as necessary.
- Establish accounting policies and processes as needed for real estate investment assets.
- Oversee, maintain and develop the real estate investment accounting data and reporting in RealPage, an investment database.
- Administer the Exchange Funds’ borrowings. Responsible for cash management as well as lender compliance which currently includes (approximately 10% of time):
- Review, oversee and maintain various compliance requirements for several credit facilities, including weekly and monthly debt compliance and ensuring accurate and timely delivery to lenders.
- Oversee the cash management function for all Exchange Funds which includes real estate transactions, investor transactions and expense payments.
- Review lender notices for borrowings and repayments for accuracy.
- Review and maintain swap contracts documentation and authorize swap contract payments as needed.
- Other primary (approximately 15% of time):
- Review financial statement presentation and disclosure and overall assist with Alternative Investment Funds’ semi-annual financial reporting process. Includes reviewing support, coordinating receipt of information for presentation in statements, application of GAAP, focused review ensuring accuracy of disclosure of real estate investments.
- Plan and perform annual audit program and procedures at third party property managers. Prepare internal audit memorandums and oversee completion of audit procedures.
- Review, manage and maintain debt compliance for individual real estate investment properties held in various ownership structures.
- Monitor and maintain various entities’ trial balances and accruals.
- Assist with Exchange Fund closings and related offering documents as needed.
- Review and provide various internal reports to management.
- Continual focus on professional development and technical accounting changes.
- Pursue the continuous improvement of the real estate investment accounting, reporting, and internal control processes.
- Oversee and manage staff performance. This includes daily management, supervision, work delegation, and providing mentoring and support. Prepare annual performance evaluations in accordance with Eaton Vance policies.
- Adequately adhere to, maintain and oversee internal controls, policies and procedures, ensuring consistency and accuracy in accounting and reporting.
- Limited travel required.
- Initiate and manage special projects.
- BS in Accounting. Masters in Accounting or MBA is strongly preferred.
- CPA designation, with at least 4-5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience with exposure to the real estate industry.
- Minimum of 7+ years of real estate technical accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Experience with fair value accounting strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently and to take strong ownership for responsibilities.
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and to be a key contributor in a team environment.
- Strong aptitude for detail and high degree of reliability and accuracy.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain excellent working relationships with multiple outside service providers as well as other teams at Eaton Vance.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or expression, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110