Accounting Manager / Controller
We are looking for a conscientious, focused, and professionally motivated employee to join our Finance team. The Accounting Manager / Controller will manage the operations of the accounting department, including financial reporting, maintenance of accounting records, accounting controls and processes, account and bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash management.
- Supervise and review the recurring transaction processing performed by accounting staff
- Supervise weekly accounts payable processing ensuring its timeliness and accuracy
- Supervise monthly closing and analysis including preparation and/or review of monthly journal entries and corresponding analysis
- Prepare monthly bank and account reconciliations
- Validate income statements and balance sheets
- Identify and analyze financial risks
- Consider the budget versus actual analysis
- Customer credit line analysis and approval
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statement preparation.
- Support finance-related projects including accounting and analysis software improvements
- Bachelor???s degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- CPA or CMA certification Preferred
- 10+ years of Accounting Experience Required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft programs
- Ability to solve problems, draft policies and procedures, understand all facets of the accounting department and effectively interact with a variety of staff levels
- Advanced written, analytical and verbal skills
- Strong business acumen (management principles, strategic planning, critical thinking, budgeting, resource allocation, human resources, etc.)
About EW Grobbel
EW Grobbel is the country's oldest and largest beef processor, proudly located in Detroit since 1883. We supply our products to thousands of locations around the United States. Our company culture supports the growth of our employees by promoting from within and developing individual career paths.
At EW Grobbel, our people are the center of what we do. Every day, we strive to engage each individual here to develop their talents and discover their greatness. On the side, we make some of the finest specialty meats in the nation. As an employee of EW Grobbel, you will be part of a fast paced, high performance team, driven by employee engagement and powered by work precision.
[ Link Removed ]