Executive Director Security Engineering & Operations - 201561
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities???
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
IT Cybersecurity Governance (ITCG) supports ESM's strategic goals as first line of defense through development and adherence to cyber risk management practice, driving work streams to enable compliance and enact proactive measures to sustain a strong security posture that protects DTCC.
Security Engineering and Operations manages and maintains solutions which collect, monitor and report IT security-relevant data to enable a couple of key actions:
- Technology Risk Management teams to detect and mitigate cyber security events
- Enable IT to address vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and be compliant to corporate security policies
The Executive Director, Security Architecture acts as a leader in Information Technology (IT) and is responsible for the creation of Information Security IT strategy, leading a team of security architects to design and publish reusable security patterns, build and cultivate talent, collaborate with IT & Risk partners, and prioritize associated work based on business requirements.
- Assume full responsibility for the Security Architecture Area and consistently demonstrate breadth of knowledge of Information Security pillars (Application & Network Security, PKI, Vulnerability, IAM, etc.)
- Build processes for creating, designing, and publishing reusable security patterns across the IT security services.
- Build an IT security strategy that aligns with security risks & alignment with DTCC IT strategy.
- Identify, advocate and design security solutions that advance our ability to deliver new business capabilities to the market, quickly, securely and in a risk aware manner.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in private and public cloud services across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior decision makers within DTCC.
- Serve as a “Change Agent” who brings a sense of urgency and can mobilize resources and execute initiatives on time.
- Bring a passion for security & technology, know the questions to ask, and be able dig into the details.
- Participate as an extended team member to the IT Architecture team and provide security consultation on Architecture Review Board to evaluate new and emerging technologies.
- Develop a strong partnership with business line leaders, IT members, and the operations team. Understand the business/process making sure the technology delivery is seamless.
- Ability to influence Information Security policies and standards that align with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate technical issues to a non-tech audience and to be an effective bridge from business to technology.
- Effectively plan and track multiple large and/or complex projects and communicate status to management and project teams. Identify problem areas and alternative solutions.
- Listen, learn, adapt, share, and advance ideas that support the vision of world-class security services .
- Fosters a risk management culture through implementation and demonstration of processes and procedures which identify and mitigate risk.
Talents needed for Success
- 15+ years minimum or related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Experience with leading an Information Security architecture team in a complex, multi-faceted IT environment
- Information Security hands on experience in Vulnerability Management, Identity Access Management, PKI, and Network Security preferred.
- Strong understanding of security architecture fundamentals (SABSA, OSA), security frameworks (NIST, PCI, IS027000), and setting best practices for creating processes to implement reusable security patterns.
- Prior Financial Services experience is highly preferred. Alternatively, must have prior experience or appreciation for working in a regulated environment (i.e. financial services, insurance, healthcare, etc.). This includes a track record of successfully partnering with industry regulators.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain a very strong control environment.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
The IT Governance and Assurance Department focus on advancing organizational goals through the effective and efficient use of IT, by ensuring IT has the necessary capabilities and controls to enhance the stability of DTCC products. The department will also be responsible for maturing core IT business management and governance capabilities.