Works collaboratively as a member of the Engineering or Research and Development teams; actively participates in the design, development, and testing of new products and enhancements to existing products. Leverages engineering skills and knowledge to develop Dril-Quip products to meet the demands of the industry and customers.
- This position is responsible for participating in the creation of new product designs and improving existing product designs.
- Responsible for multiple facets of the design development process and documentation including creation of design packages, design layouts and 3-D models, review and creation of engineering documentation, and consideration of efficiency in design development.
- Creation and review of engineering drawings and processing of engineering design changes.
- Performs design calculations using fundamentals of engineering.
- Interfacing and supporting other departments such as manufacturing, supply chain, sales and marketing, and aftermarket services.
- Participates in Engineering Design Reviews and in interdepartmental discussions verifying fit, interface, and function of relevant components within an associated system.
- Participates in engineering dispositions of Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's).
- Develops an understanding of industry standards and offshore operations and their influence into product design.
- Develop an understanding of company engineering procedures, work instructions, core products, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- 0-2 years of experience in an engineering discipline.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities typically obtained by the completion of an under-graduate degree in Engineering.
- Ability to perform hand or computer assisted calculations typical of engineering roles.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Master's degree in engineering
- 2 years of experience as an engineer at a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced degrees may substitute for up to two years of experience.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certificate
- SolidWorks or other CAD system(s) Certification