Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Compensation Consultant will research job requirements and evaluate job positions for a designated group of internal clients to ensure the University is competitive in the areas of compensation. The Compensation Consultant will assist with the administration of competitive and legally compliant compensation programs; manage projects, prepare recommendations requiring a broad and thorough understanding of compensation techniques, methods, and practices.
- Lead process of annual salary administration programs, including salary structure creation, maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets
- Maintains position descriptions & ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine exemption status and appropriate salary range.
- Performs the role of a subject matter expert and consultant for internal clients and works closely with client leadership and their HR Business Partners
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Participate in special Total Rewards and/or HR projects in support of business objectives.
- Prepares survey data submissions; works with survey providers to receive content.
- Ensures compliance with FLSA rules and regulations.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of compensation experience
- Master's Degree preferred
- Internal client facing compensation experience preferred
- Higher education experience preferred.
- CCP, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Good working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with managers and management to describe and promote University policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City Campus
Position will be remote until Drexel University and Human Resources resume campus operations.
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, [ Link Removed ]
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application