The Sales Associate is classified as a training position leading to a Community Sales Consultant position. Responsible for the sale of new construction homes in designated communities. Commute time varies with location of community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all prospective customers.
- Demonstrates model home; provides information on home features and benefits.
- Provide information regarding community and surrounding area.
- Assist customer with selection of home site, house plan, and structural options.
- Pre-qualify customer and complete contract worksheet.
- Prepare all contracts addenda, color selections, etc. accurately and completely.
- Assist customer with loan application, obtain deposits per company requirements;
- Participate in meetings with the production team to assure planning and execution of building process.
- Follow up with loans, contingent contracts, listings of re-sales, and home owners after settlement.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
- Successfully pass the Sales Consultant Training Program Milestones
- Other duties as apparent or assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Well organized and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service driven
- Displays a friendly, enthusiastic, approachable manner
- Driven yet empathetic
- Desire to succeed sales goal
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have valid state drivers license for business travel within communities, to other communities and/or other designated business locations (DRB or other)
Education and Work Experience
- A Real Estate License is required before selling new homes.
- Prior New Home Sales, Property Management, Leasing, or High-End Retail sales preferred with excellent customer satisfaction.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Sales Marketing or equivalent experience in home sales; or combination of education and equivalent work experience.