DornerWorks, a leader in embedded systems engineering, is growing and seeks an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. Based in Grand Rapids, you will be creating the newest devices on the freshest silicon. You will keep up with industry trends, participate in software design decisions, and continue to add to your development portfolio. An advancement path to Senior Engineer is defined and ready for you.
Our team is smart, passionate and innovative. We are focused on providing engineering services and product solutions to our customers in the aerospace and defense, automotive, medical, and consumer industries. Our depth of talent, diverse customer base, outstanding reputation, and strong leadership is the foundation of our success and we are poised for continued growth and expansion.
If you are customer oriented, engineering minded, collaborative, and driven to be a part of company-wide success this is the opportunity for you.
At DornerWorks’ you can make a difference. Your days will be filled with challenge and variety, involved in all facets of embedded solutions, including HW, SW, IoT, and FPGA. Engineers at DornerWorks are making aircraft safer, hostile threat identification quicker, hospital patients more comfortable, coffee tastier, and grilling more fun. Join DornerWorks and be a vital part of our team that works together creating fun and exciting embedded solutions.
What you will do:
- Develop embedded software
- Collaborate with your team and with customers
- Contribute on technical project teams
- Inspire innovation
- Influence best practices
- Grow your expertise partnering with our outstanding team
What we expect from you:
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE/BSE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), or Computer Science (BSCS)
- 3+ years of professional success in embedded software development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Additional experience we would like to see:
- Multi-threaded real-time embedded application development experience
- Familiarity with many embedded communication standards (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-XXX, Ethernet, CAN, LIN, USB, etc.)
- Experience with multiple microcontrollers, cores, and technologies (ARM, Freescale, Microchip, Texas Instruments, etc.)
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to have work that is challenging, diverse, engaging, and collaborative
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Healthy work/life balance, at DornerWorks’ that is not just an empty slogan; it is one of our core values
- Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours
- Right now, during these unique times we are experiencing due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remote (quite successfully we might add). We continue to assess the situation and will consider on going remote work flexibility moving forward.
Learn more about DornerWorks and our culture from our website at http://www.DornerWorks.com.
Learn more about the great city of Grand Rapids and the natural splendor of West Michigan at: https://hellowestmichigan.com/our-communities/grand-rapids
DornerWorks believes a diverse workplace yields better ideas and outcomes and we are committed to promoting diversity of experience, perspectives, and capabilities. Each individual makes a unique contribution to our company. We recognize that diversity is critical to our success. DornerWorks proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can thrive here, and know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored.
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).