Production Supervisor I
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus
Come join our team and grow with us!
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
We are actively recruiting for a Production Supervisor I to be based out of our Lawrenceville, GA facility of our Dolco Division in Tekni-Plex.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
We are looking for a Production Supervisor I to direct and coordinate the line manufacturing operations of a department or shift to meet company standards as to SAFETY, quality, quantity, cost, schedules and profitability. Serves as primary conduit for fostering a work environment consistent with company philosophy and objectives. Uses hands off experience & functional expertise to mentor, teach, and be a support resource to Production Supervisor I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Please note that the hours for this role are 6:45 pm to 7:00 am.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of forming employees; ensures their ability to SAFELY operate equipment to produce product; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary. Develops & mentors shift LEAD to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew.
- Be alert to existing and potential production problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Maintain shift reports/records; ensure that necessary operating supplies/materials are on hand.
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the manufacturing mission in a SAFE, effective and efficient manner. Interview and recommend applicants for hire as forming employees.
- Collaboration with other employees at all levels to develop and install methods, improvements and cost saving ideas.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Ensures that established company Safety Philosophy, policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees' safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting productions quality and quantity standards on the shift; ensuring compliance with SQF/HACCP policies.
- Off-shift Production Supervisors will coordinate the activities of support department personnel assigned to the same shift.
- Responsible for budgets and business planning for department and responsible for establishing and meeting department goals and objectives.
Directly supervises 18-30 employees in the Production and/or Quality Control and/or Material Handlers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Safety Philosophy, policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problem.
What skills do you bring to the role?
- Ability to lead, motivate, select, train and instruct personnel.
- Good interpersonal, organizational communication and mechanical skills. Computer skills required for multiple graphs, reports and charts. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- College degree in a related field; or 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: [ Link Removed ] & [ Link Removed ] .