We’re in high growth mode at DojoMojo and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team as we build out a next generation marketing platform. We’re an incredibly passionate, collaborative and entreprenrurial group of engineers, QA, product managers and UI designers that work at a fast pace to ideate and build the new experiences our customers love. As a Senior Software Engineer, you've been in the industry for at least 5-10 years and have a proven track record of success, thriving in different team environments. You should demonstrate a high level of expertise in full stack web app development as you’ll play a key role in creating the technical roadmap through designing, developing and implementing solutions across our tech stack - AWS, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, and an emerging Serverless backend
Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests. You must be comfortable taking end-to-end responsibility for complex projects, and have experience researching infrastructure solutions and making key architectural decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and know how to fight fires where necessary. You enjoy supporting and mentoring less experienced developers, conducting code reviews, and all the while continually leveling up as an expert and leader in engineering best practices, learning new technologies as you tackle fresh challenges autonomously.
A bit about DojoMojo: DojoMojo is a leading marketing platform that helps businesses—especially direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands—grow faster and with greater capital efficiency. Working closely with our sister company, Innovation Department, to launch new DTC brands, we knew first hand the challenges that come with scaling a new business, including finding new audiences and connecting with customers amidst a hyper-competitive digital market space. That’s why we made it our mission to be the one-stop marketing shop for emerging and established brands alike.
Through our robust acquisition tools, fully-featured SMS Marketing suite, and unique partnership network, we empower marketers with all the tools they need to acquire and nurture customers through personalized SMS communications. Today, over 11K brands–like Casper, Daily Harvest, L'Oréal, and Equinox–have utilized DojoMojo to reach and engage more than 200m emails and 200k SMS subscribers.
- Contribute to the DojoMojo technical roadmap by researching, designing, architecting and implementing complex solutions and features
- Be the go-to expert for various areas of the DojoMojo platform, proactively identifying problems, challenges and solutions
- Collaborate with our Product, Design and Customer Service teams to weigh in on the scope, feasibility, design and implementation of new features
- Implement and follow best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and dev ops
- Be an expert and leader in coding standards and support and mentor junior developers
- Contribute to our engineering team and culture by leading tech presentations and discussions
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve usability as well as upgrade existing systems
- Consistently work to become a better engineer, such as researching new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems
- Produce functional, technical, and user documentation that describes the specifications, data flows, and user interfaces as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant education
- 7+ years of professional experience within an engineering team, preferably at a startup or small business
- Knowledge of AWS services such a DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, and API Gateway is a plus
- A passion for best practices in engineering and coding, and an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into technical solutions
- Experience in implementing solutions and features in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration skills; experience working cross-functionally with Product, Design and Customer Success teams
Why You’ll Love this Job
The DojoMojo Team is the sister company to Innovation Department, a startup studio building the next generation of early stage companies. We work with smart, talented individuals so if you love startups, and are keen to challenge yourself while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- Plan for the future. Take advantage of our 401k program.
- Competitive Parental Leave benefits.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with other Innovation Department portfolio companies.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.