Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Duration: 3-6+ Months Contract (Likely to be converted into permanent)
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46202
Pay Range $25/hr to $32/hr (Open to negotiate)
Responsible for the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
Admits, transfers, and discharges residents according to policy and procedure; completes and files required forms on charts.
- Prepares 24 - hour report and submits to the nursing office.
- Transcribes physician's orders to resident medication/treatment records; Reviews monthly, records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of physician orders, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Completes accident/ incident and follow up reports, submits to the quality assurance coordinator and notifies attending physician; documents in residents' medical record.
- Makes daily rounds to be aware of resident's condition and environment, and to ensure that nursing staff are performing work in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Performs other nursing duties, as assigned.
- Requires graduation from approved LPN educational program
- LPN License required
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize nursing care assignments.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical task of lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, recliners, Geri chairs and lifts. Must be able to lift 50 pound repeatedly during shift if needed.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Must be licensed in the state of employment. A valid driver's license is required
Certifications & Licenses:
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)