We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
Discovery House Providence, located in Providence, RI, is part of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the leading provider of medication-assisted treatment in the nation. Our nursing team provides compassionate, high quality safe and efficient medication dispensing to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder. Our team is the front line of our fight against the opiate epidemic.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- This position is eligible for a $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
- Opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry
Your Job as a Registered Nurse RN:
The Registered Nurse RN provides basic medical care to patients in an outpatient addiction recovery environment. They will maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with clinic policy and procedures, provides for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with the policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice. The Registered Nurse RN is responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patients receiving services symptoms, responses and progress.
We have daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Shift hours are early mornings from 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM, allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Your Responsibilities as a Registered Nurse RN:
- Provides nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice, as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols as well as clinic and corporate policies and procedures;
- Nursing care performed is carried out in conformance with established standards and nursing policies, Physician care ordered is carried out and documented appropriately;
- Patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented; notifies physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.;
- Nursing treatment plans are developed specific to assessed needs, initial treatment plan is completed upon admission;
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct client care;
- Accurately administers medications per ordered note, documents medication administration, reflects accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents;
- Responsible for completing admission process efficiently and accurately, responsible for completing discharge process efficiently and accurately, as directed; and,
- Bi lingual Spanish speaking preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Qualifications as a Registered Nurse RN:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health or addiction recovery field
- Training or experience treating patients in an outpatient treatment program
- There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Current RN license within the state of Rhode Island.