If you combine HR operations expertise with an end-to-end process orientation and the ability to hit the ground running, this position offers you some very compelling opportunities. You will:
- Make an impact managing processes, leading diverse projects and identifying and recommending improvements. You'll touch on almost all areas of our company.
- Help shape a role newly created to accommodate our strong growth -- our recent acquisition of Interxion nearly doubled our size so that we now have 275 data centers in 20 countries on 6 continents.
- Join at a time of significant evolution; in addition to supporting the acquisition integration, you will contribute to major initiatives at both the tactical and strategic levels.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in one of the world's fastest-growing data center companies.
- Collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a creative and diverse work environment.
At Digital Realty we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who drive our success. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or HR Operations Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 7 to 8 years of experience in operational roles demonstrating the ability to drive the development, deployment, improvement and integration of systems, preferably in HR environments.
- A track record of success in assessing systems and processes, identifying potential improvements and executing those improvements.
- Business savvy and a proven ability to work with others to understand goals and pain points in order to develop solutions.
- Technical acumen, including:
- Experience working with complex enterprise systems.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and the ability to create executive presentations
- Proven strong project management skills.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Leadership skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others.
- A strategic mindset as well as willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve tactical goals.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, fluid business environments.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent follow up and follow through habits.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Oracle.
- Technology industry experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
If you are the person we're looking for, you understand most of what this position entails. To be sure we're providing an accurate picture, here are some details.
Reporting to the Director, HR Operations, you will manage a variety of human resources processes, ensuring they run smoothly and meet the needs of our employees, leaders, and our rapidly growing business. In addition to "owning" existing processes, you will lead process improvements and the implementation of new processes.
You will serve as a trusted advisor to process users and stakeholders to gather insights, establish priorities and partner with cross-functional teams. With regard to existing processes, you will oversee continuous maintenance and monitoring, including ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data. You'll maintain open communication with users.
Regarding process improvements and new processes, you'll gather information, assess options, and recommend solutions. In some cases, you will write proposals and business cases, including financial planning and analysis. You also may issue RFPs, assemble the results, and recommend the best choice.
Once a business case is approved, you will take point on implementation and execution, coordinating project teams. You'll be responsible for planning projects, including establishing objectives, milestones and accountabilities, and also managing risks. You also will establish and oversee testing, and ensure projects and processes are properly documented.
Other responsibilities will include helping develop executive presentations for the Director, coaching more junior project resources, and other duties as assigned.
Own the impact
Given our continuous improvement culture and ongoing strong growth, there are always intriguing projects afoot. For example, we're currently rolling out Oracle Recruiting Cloud. The role has a strong tactical component, but you also will contribute to strategy discussions.
Build a career home
We're looking for bright, ambitious people to join our dynamic team, and we'll provide the support and resources you need to take your career to the next level. In our organization, the more you put into your career, the more you'll get out of it.
Growth without limits
We're growing fast and growing smart, including acquiring businesses that complement and strengthen our core offerings. We're already one of the largest players in our space, and ongoing growth will create opportunities for strong performers.
We value collaboration and encourage innovation, and the organization is committed to providing employees the tools they need to excel and develop professionally.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role you will have the ability to dig into details and understand how they fit together to create workflows. From there you should be adept at grasping the system-level big picture and envisioning potential future states. Next you will need the leadership skills to engage stakeholder, drive consensus and manage change.
You should be enthusiastic and driven, ready to hit the ground running in an environment that is very fast-paced. In addition, in order to be an outstanding HR Operations Manager, you will:
- Build relationships and establish yourself as a resources who can help people achieve goals.
- Manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities effectively.
- Achieve individual goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Develop a reputation for delivering results.
- Combine analytical thinking with creativity in solving problems and removing barriers.
- Assume ownership of your role and responsibilities.
- Take a proactive approach to learning how to navigate our large organization.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.