QA Engineer / Software Engineer in Test
at Digital Motors
Irvine, CA, United States
Who We Are:
Digital Motors Corporation is a digital retail platform that provides an end-to-end, next generation, online sales solution for manufactures, dealers, and lenders everywhere. With our state-of-the-art SaaS technology, Digital Motors offers a fully integrated, digital car buying and financing experience. Digital Motors operates a digital retailing platform and intelligent FinTech configuration engine, enabling car dealerships to fully transact with their customers online. Car shoppers can complete the entire transaction online, in the comfort of their home in a fraction of the time or seamlessly transition to the dealership at any step in the process. Digital Motors has augmented the brick-and-mortar world with a conducive digital storefront that provides an on-line buying experience, but still allows the dealer to control the transaction.
Based in Irvine, CA, Digital Motors was founded in 2018 by an award-winning team of digital executives and entrepreneurs with a proven track record on a global scale.
Join the digital future of automotive!
Digital Motors is looking for a hardworking, dedicated QA Engineer to add to our outstanding team. This role will provide quality assurance support to the product development team, resolving bugs, defects, and other potential issues. Responsibilities also include setting up and maintaining test environments, deploying releases, defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. The ideal candidate with also investigate complex issues and provide analysis, potentially including dix recommendations.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with various product managers to ensure requirements defined have been captured in test cases and have traceability.
- Implement and execute test strategies to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Work closely with Product Managers to keep realistic schedules and identify task dependencies.
- Coordinate the setup of each testing environment, ensuring refreshes of data sets and access is scheduled as needed for each iteration of testing.
- Design and develop advanced test suites using automated testing frameworks like cypress.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the software engineering team to enhance and improve programs.
- Participate in daily team and business status meetings.
- Responsible for execution and alerting of teams and managers of obstacles, issues, and risks.
- Write automated test cases using cypress framework.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Work with Agile and CI/ CD methodology.
- 5+ years of experience of testing automation framework.
- Strong knowledge of Cypress.io framework is required.
- Should be able to execute both functional and automation testing.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts using sql and no-sql databases.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, accurate and thorough.
- Self-managed, proactive work style. Able to work independently within a team-centric environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to engage in challenging assignments.
Must be able to work in our beautiful, Irvine, CA office. This is not a remote position.
What We Offer:
- Quick growth potential.
- Ability to work with widely respected, automotive industry experts.
- 100% paid medical for you and your dependents, vision and dental for a minimal contribution.
- A ground-level opportunity.
- Great benefits.
- Snacks, of course.
- An amazing product and a great team!