Demand.io is building the best way to discover, compare and save on the products consumers want — helping creators and brands thrive along the way. We harness the power of community to provide answers to shopper questions (big and small), help consumers find the products that are best for their needs, curate the internet's most reliable coupons, inspire shoppers to buy with confidence, and more.
If you're a Front End engineer here, you'll be partnering with the Heads of Product and Technology to bring this vision to life by developing world class user experiences that engage millions of shoppers across the world. We're looking for someone who carries a strong user-focused mindset with a deep passion for solving real world problems. You're comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces and carry the horsepower and zeal to jump between crafting pixel perfect, interactive user experiences that are production ready to prototyping new concepts for testing how we shape the future of our brands.
We're driving business decisions through quant/qual data to make informed decisions and see every idea as hypothesis that requires experimentation to evaluate how it resonates with users. It's critical that we serve users wherever they are — which means embracing the opportunity to develop for new technologies and platforms. There's a lot of work to do to become THE shopping tool for consumers, and we'd love you to be a part of it.
What you'll do
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to customers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions that impact all of Demand.io and our customers
- Develop intuitive, adaptable and accessible user interfaces
- Lead the architecture and development of our design system that enables us to quickly launch new experiences across our different apps
- Develop functional prototypes for conceptualizing new user experiences that serve our mission and shape the future of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with design to develop standards for animations and interaction models that bolster storytelling and bring delight to customers
What we look for
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites with rich content and interaction features that stand out
- 5+ years of relevant web front-end development at tech-forward, product-driven companies
- Advanced knowledge of Vue, Typescript, HTML5, CSS, web components, and Greensock or other animation libraries
- Proven experience developing robust design systems that are reliable, performant and scalable
- Familiarity with modern web platform technologies such as PWA, AMP, browser extensions are a major plus
- Ability to optimize for user experience and page performance across commonly used browsers
- A deep passion for UI development and ability to ingest specs from Design/UX and make sound interpretations to build great user experiences with little oversight