We are looking for a Software Architect with experience in Django/Flask and React. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency and location.
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- Salary: $25-$45/hr USD as a contractor - depending on skills, speed, experience, proficiency in our tech stack, location, English fluency, leadership abilities, work hustle & drive, personality, plusses listed, etc...
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities.
- This role is for a Team Lead. Technical leadership experience and a desire to fulfill a leadership role is important for this position.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in designing software architecture professionally. This must be experience with our Full Stack Technologies (React + Django/Flask).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional coding experience (React + Django/Flask).
Highly Desired Skills:
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience with Python
- Professional experience with a python based web application framework, such as Django or Flask. - Experience in Django is preferred.
- Professional experience with React & Redux or similar front end technologies or frameworks (Angular, Vue, etc...)
- Proficiency in Typescript
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Solid command of Typescript, CSS and HTML
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms (e.g. mobile vs desktop) and optimizing output to match the specific platform (e.g. HTML5, and CSS3)
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Leading a team and architecting complex software
- Creating new features related to personalized health based on genetics, labs, and symptoms
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Software Testing
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Participating in weekly scrum meetings
SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
We thrive on open communication and dedication.
We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
We do not micromanage.
Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
When you're working, we expect you to work.
We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the application process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org