We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead development on our METAL Team. Our METAL Engineering Team consists of a team of passionate NodeJS/React Developers, AWS Cloud Engineer and QC Product Tester. A successful candidate will have an active-oriented mindset, and a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision and integrity. An Engineering Manager can expect to play an active role in projects, meet, and report back to upper management, plan and monitor work schedules, and work with multiple and diverse teams. We are looking for an individual that is 50% Technical Strategy focused and 50% Team Leadership focused. Some of their responsibilities also include aligning engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance and support, and maintaining positive relationships with all product stakeholders.
To be successful as an Engineering Manager, you should have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence. This individual will also champion Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose within the team to allow them to do their best work.
METAL? is DI's brand-new Inventory Management System (IMS) and is built with modern design plus lightning-quick controls to help our clients move metal faster than the competition - without any training needed. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL? allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules, to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL? offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Planning and Architect of new features.
- Champions software development standards and best practices to be applied across all software development efforts.
- Leadership and mentoring of developers in their professional career growth.
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- Partner with the Product Owner on feature definition and breakdown.
- Serves as technical advisor to upper management.
- Works closely with development team to architect the best technical design and approach.
Skills & Requirements:
- Deep industry experience: 10+ years of software industry experience, showing high-impact work solving tough real-world problems
- Strong experience as a People Manager for software development teams
- Professional software development experience building applications
- Experience in NodeJS, React
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of TDD and BDD
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum Environment
- Experience working remotely and/or distributed teams
- High sensibility to UI design and UX
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in iOS and Android development