DataOceans, a leader in Customer Communications Management (CCM) solutions, is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team. Not much has changed more rapidly in the last 5-10 years than how organizations communicate with their customers and the technology that supports this communication. As companies look to take advantage of innovations in technology capabilities, they are also looking for technology partners like DataOceans to help them deliver solutions rapidly and provide hosting opportunities that reduce their operations overhead and increase the likelihood of success. If you enjoy working with a talented team where your input is highly valued, if you strive to build secure high-quality software, and if you thrive on constant learning and improvement, then we want to hear from you.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for working with designers, business analysts, and developers to design, run, and automate test cases for the company’s software applications. This job will require you to understand the unique business requirements of each client implementation and the business intent of each unique client configuration, in order to design the appropriate comprehensive test plan. The position will require strong technical and analytical skills along with the unique ability to think at a high-level while paying attention to granular details. Prior software testing experience and a fluent software development vocabulary is preferred. A demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to completion, communicate with clients and internal stakeholders, and assist with the authoring of user stories is also desired. There will be a mix of manual and automated testing, but the focus of this role is to automate as much testing as possible for our new product suite, so knowledge of Cypress and test automation will be key.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, developing, and executing comprehensive QA test plans and test cases for software applications
- Developing automated test scripts using Cypress
- Using Jira and other related tools to track QA results
- Conducting functional, regression, and performance testing
- Working effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Cooperating closely with the development, client services, business analysis, and operations teams
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders
- Working independently and proactively with minimal support from management
- Identifying, capturing, and managing system defects
- Escalating issues and errors as required to bring about resolution
- Identifying project risks and recommending actions to mitigate those risks
- Assisting with project management activities as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned relating to the mutual success of DataOceans and its clients
- 3+ years of experience in software industry with an understanding of QA methodologies including writing test scripts and test plans, test script execution and tracking, defect entry and testing progress reporting
- Experience with testing complex web-based software systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with SQL databases with the ability to query the data for various scenarios for validation
- Hands on experience with XML and HTML
- Experience writing automation script with Cypress
- Both front-end and back-end system testing experience
- Experience with electronic billing and payment systems
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Prior Software Development experience is a plus
- Experience with creation of User Stories
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Web Services and API testing with tools like Postman
- Knowledge of Zephyr Test Case Management Tool
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance as well as a generous 401k matching program.
Our team is focused on ensuring you are positioned to thrive.
DataOceans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.