DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our solutions modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are seeking a developer advocate/educator who will be a technical thought leader, and who will inspire, enable and build a developer community around DataMotion APIs. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, you will be building the advocate program, deliver outstanding content, technical subject matter expertise and support in a variety of formats for relevant audiences, building and nurturing relationships with developers and influencers, online and offline. You will also be a key partner to our Sales, Engineering and Product teams, delivering content and feedback to internal teams to improve the developer and customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this position excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, solutions and business value to the developer community and influencers.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position can either be based in our Florham Park headquarters, or work remotely. We are not offering relocation.
- Inspire and educate other developers about DataMotion APIs and source code on Stack Overflow, GitHub, blog posts, and other channels
- Work with content manager to create and deliver blogs, articles, webinars, videos, tutorials, best practices, and other relevant content; Provide feedback on DataMotion developer documentation as needed
- Advocate DataMotion to our target community at conferences, hackathons, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and other appropriate channels
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community
- Design and create samples and reference applications closely matching our target customer use cases
- Passionate about improving the ways organizations can exchange information securely
- Technical aptitude and ability to write samples and reference applications (Java, Python, C#/VB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking, presentations, podcasts, webinars, blog and article writing
- Ability to communicate with, present to and influence a variety of organizational levels, including executive and C-level, and in particular developers
- Experience growing an open source community
- Experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging
- Recent experience in a start-up environment
- Travel may be required (post Covid) depending on where developer events are held
- Business Administration or Software/Computer Engineering: Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off