DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas. This opening is located at our Gaston, SC facility. DAK Americas is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico's largest corporations.
• Handle loading and unloading of railcars and trailers
• Interacting with Operations and Railroad personnel daily and maintaining World Class Performance in a safe and consistent manner
•Managing specified quantity and quality of raw materials and polyester resin.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must have a least a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (12 hr. shifts)
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must serve on the site ERT (Emergency Response Team)
- Must be able and willing to work in adverse weather and climatic conditions
- Must have good comprehensive skills
- Must have good math skills
- Good interpersonal skills, self control, flexible to learn, and positive self image
- Must be a team player (able to work as a team member as well as capable of leading a team)
- Must be in good physical condition since the job requires a high level of bending, stooping, and climbing, and must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
- Must be capable of prolong standing and walking at a rate of 10 out of 12 hours shift work
- Must be computer literate (use Excel spread sheets, electronic email systems)
- Must be a quick, rational/conceptual thinker, able to maintain self control under pressure and exercise good decision making, and be results oriented
?Railroad or Locomotive experience
?Fork Lift experience
We offer excellent pay and a skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment. No relocation assistance is available for this position.