Project Engineer II (Construction)
Client / Program:
Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
Los Angeles Area – LACCD Harbor College Campus
Position Start Date:
Approximately Early March
DACM Project Management, Inc.
DACM Project Management, Inc. is a full service program, project, and construction management firm established in 1987. We have participated in domestic and international construction projects totaling more than $5 billion. As a member of the DACM team, you can make a lasting impact on your community and beyond. We invite you to join us for an opportunity with a company that respects the value of every member. Our goal is to forge lasting alliances and we're proud to say that many of our employees have been part of the DACM team for over ten years.
For more information please visit [ Link Removed ]
Salary Range: Project Engineer II $115,000 to $130,000 per annum
Within this range, the actual salary will be based on experience.
The position will report to the Campus Project Director. Generally, responsibilities of this position will be to manage construction and related activities on the College Campus as an Owners Representative. Details of the position are provided below:
· Provide technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers.
· Coordinate with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and College staff.
· Participate in, and occasionally run, design or construction meetings.
· Make field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration, addition, or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements.
· Read and interpret construction plans and shop drawings.
· Assist in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines.
· Support development of weekly / monthly status and photos reports for project team
· Review, estimate, negotiate, and process construction change orders and construction field orders.
· Review and enforce construction and professional services contracts.
· Manage and direct contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices.
· Assess project risks and develop risk registers including mitigation strategies.
· Facilitate resolution of construction and design issues.
· Coordinate with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc.
· Generate and distribute meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc.)
· Confirm contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
· Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format.
· Review submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
· Generate and draft Proposed Board Actions (PBA).
· Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· 5-8 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project management or construction.
· BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
· Experience on Educational programs / projects.
· Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects.
· Experience on Central plant projects.
· Experience on large public works programs.
· Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems.
· Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials.