Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer for one of our game development teams. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for managing a small team of engineers in supporting the ongoing development of game play features as well as supporting the game operationally.
**Every day you could be**
* Leading a team of very talented software engineers to architect and build exceptional game play systems.
* Collaborating with other engineering leads on other games and on the game engine itself to drive the code base forward and ensure proper integration and performance of all systems.
* Supporting and working with multiple departments, including Modelling, Animation, Lighting, and the design team.
* Working as an implementer to design unique game play systems that give each title its own feel.
* Verifying that software engineering process follows studio policies and guidelines including coding standards, code reviews, and documentation.
* Researching and introducing new technologies to all employees and management.
**What we need to see**
* The ability to clearly and concisely communicate both in writing and verbally.
* 7 years of experience in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base to understand its inner workings and make improvements.
* A passion for delivering great work.
* Strong leadership skills, preferably with 3+ years of experience in a management role.
* Experience in the video game industry
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we’d like to see**
* The ability to read assembly language when using debugging tools.
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
* Passion for gaming / MMO games
* Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers, memory management, and performance optimization. The interview process will be testing you for these skills. Java, C# and other high-level languages will not be utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events