Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Magic: Legends. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience. Please come and join us!
We are currently seeking an Audio Software Engineer to create and maintain our audio pipeline and systems. You will work closely with sound designers, game development leads, and other software engineers in our studio to drive a great game audio experience for our players.
**Every day you could be**
* Working closely with sound designers and game designers to realize their vision for the audio-scape of Cryptic’s games.
* Evaluating, integrating, and utilizing top tier third party audio engines and add-ons for our games.
* Working on the latest generation of consoles, and taking advantage of advanced audio capabilities.
* Upgrading the music and voice-over workflows for the sound and game designers.
**What we need to see**
* A passion for working in the Audio space and a care for customer experience.
* The ability to clearly and concisely communicate both in writing and verbally.
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base to understand its inner workings and make improvements.
* Ability to work with engineers and project managers from other organizations.
* A love for video games and a passion for delivering great work.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we'd like to see**
* 2+ years of experience with game audio software engineering.
* Experience with audio middleware, preferably FMOD and/or WWise.
* Deep knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.).
* Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
* Experience with music and adaptive music systems.
* Passion for gaming / MMO games
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events