Harrisonville, MO supply company is looking for a Utility Worker with Forklift experience. The Utility Worker will be responsible for the operation of a forklift or other heavy equipment to safely move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise around the facility.
Description Summary: Responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility
The job is a 2nd shift forklift/utility position. The job is 70% forklift and 30% manual labor. This job is mostly outside and while the forklifts have heat, we require that employees dress for the weather. There is no smoking, chewing or vaping anywhere on this campus and the only chance they get to smoke is when they clock out for their lunch break. No matter what shift they work, the first day is always 8:00am to 4:00pm for safety training and forklift certification. 2nd shift is from 4:15pm to 2:45am, Mon to Thurs with both voluntary and mandatory OT on Fridays and some Saturdays. They must have steel toe boots. We will provide all other necessary PPE.
Will train 1 day on first shift 8AM
Background check and Drug test will be required
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb on and off of required equipment
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to read and write English and/or be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays