Crowdskout believes that a more equitable world will be built by people with organizing superpowers. To achieve this vision, we are building one seamless, intuitive, and intelligent platform that integrates data, tools, and experiences to give anyone those superpowers. Our customers are organizations engaged in political and social advocacy that drive big change over the long-term using a portfolio of strategies on a multi-partisan basis. Most importantly, our customers believe that people organizing in their communities are the ultimate agents of durable change.
Crowdskout is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build out our expanding data infrastructure. Crowdskout’s product has most recently been centered in the CRM space, but we are looking to change that. Currently, we process millions of data points through multiple data pipelines to feed into a suite of databases. We are preparing for 10x growth both in the volume of data processed and the speed in which that data can be available and actionable. To accomplish this we are looking for someone who can build out highly scalable data solutions.
If you're highly motivated, super passionate about our democracy, and want to join a team that is looking to build great things together, Crowdskout may be for you. Even better if you think like a scientist, bring creative solutions, and can obsess about quality. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Director of Data Platform. Crowdskout is a remote first company.
- Ownership of the design and delivery of key components of a large scale data platform
- Provide thought leadership in data infrastructure, database design, data governance and operations
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a tight-knit group of highly talented data engineers
- 7+ years of experience overall, 2+ years as a Senior Data Engineer
- Demonstrable architecture, design and development skills on a few different large scale data platform implementations
- Strong SQL experience (any flavor)
- Strong development experience using Python
- Strong experience building large scale streaming and batch data pipelines with focus on performance, accuracy, reliability, observability and orchestration
- Strong experience building out data warehouse and/or data lake infrastructure
- Experience with data modeling and physical database design
- Experience using Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark, Presto, Kafka)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Graph databases (e.g: Neo4J, Neptune)
- Experience with Workflow management engine
- Experience implementing data security best practices (e.g. data encryption, tokenization, masking)
- Experience on the AWS data stack (e.g. Kinesis, Glue, RDS, Athena, Redshift etc.)
- Software development using PHP and Python / Laravel
Crowdskout is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity across all spectrums in its hiring, without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. With that being said, we wouldn't be able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time since we are a small company. If you find this role interesting and you hit on the elements above, please apply!