Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. As a DevOps engineer at Crisp, you will work closely with other engineers, across all of our teams, to provide the infrastructure and automation necessary to deliver our SaaS products. Further, you will enable other developers to be more productive by constantly improving our internal CI/CD pipelines, and by helping to establish best practices for service monitoring and deployment.
We make use of a lot of automation, here at Crisp. You don’t need to have experience with our particular tools, in order to be qualified for this position, but it would certainly help. Our cloud provider is GCP, and we leverage their service offerings extensively. We use Spinnaker and Jenkins for CI/CD and orchestration, and Skaffold and Ansible to manage cloud development environments.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for a DevOps engineer.
- Team focused. You believe that while infrastructure and automation are fun, they’re not the point. They exist to enable people to be successful, and your deployment and automation strategies are geared towards that end.
- Trustworthiness is king. Infrastructure, and the tooling around it, is the foundation upon which companies are built. If it’s not trustworthy, then nothing else can be, and your practices and approaches reflect that.
- Monitor all the things. Seeing is believing, so you build instrumentation and monitoring into everything. You want to see regular graphs that reflect the ebb and flow of your deployments, you want alerts that notify you when the graphs are not so regular, and you want documented processes for dealing with those alerts when they happen.
- Tech works for you, not the other way around. You’ll spend two hours researching a problem, and developing an automated solution, before spending five minutes making a one-off, undocumented change that will get lost during the next deployment.
We are building a team of product people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!