Job ID: 276420
The name Central Supply Company, a CRH company, has been synonymous with “service” for nearly 100 years and four generations. We serve our customers in communities throughout north and central West Virginia, southwest Pennsylvania and western Maryland. While we strive to promote our main product lines of Ready-Mixed Concrete, Concrete Block, Concrete Pumping, Insulated Concrete Forms, Brick and Builders’ Materials, our number one goal is to forge partnerships with our customers through hard work and service. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Central Supply Company has a challenging career opportunity waiting for you!
Customer Service Representive
Responsible for intake of customer orders and timely delivery of product to customers through a centralized call center. Must be able to schedule and dispatch drivers while maintaining safety & efficiency goals.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills relative to a fast paced fluid environment with emphasis on striking a balance of delivering excellent customer service while maintaining company safety and efficiency guidelines.
- Must be computer proficient and ability to learn multiple levels of software (Command, Trakit, Universal, Microsoft Office, iPhone and Tablet applications.
- Must demonstrate a pleasant and accommodating demeanor over the phone and a positive and professional attitude with internal and external customers in a high volume call setting.
- Able to respond to stressful situations, co-workers, and customers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Must possess good listening skills and address customer complaints or concerns.
- Must be able to learn extensive product line and their different applications.
- Must work directly with sales staff on pricing and quoting.
- Must work directly with accounts receivable and credit manager regarding all accounts.
- Attention to Detail is imperative to accurately record delivery & product information into Command Dispatch Systems with ability to negotiate delivery times with customers.
- Schedule, dispatch and control an appropriate level of drivers required to satisfy customer demand while maintaining safety & efficiency goals established by the company.
- Support and collaborate with operations and frontline employees in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all DOT regulations.
- Must be able to navigate various GPS systems. Needs to be familiar with our local delivery areas and must be able to assist drivers in finding jobsites.
- Must be able to determine travel time to jobs and best plant locations to service the job.
- Must be able to manage and direct a fleet of up to 60+ trucks at one time.
- Coordinate next day’s delivery schedule and interpret necessary driver/production employee correlating start times and strictly follow and observe the Federal Hours of Service rules and regulations.
- Record accurate delivery and product information on orders.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and varying shifts including early mornings, late afternoons and Saturdays.
- Timely and regular attendance is critical and a required part of performance.
- 1 or more years’ experience in customer service, dispatch, production, equipment, maintenance and/or quality control preferable.
- Ready Mix and or Building Supply experience highly desired and preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods, use computer, phone frequently.
- The employee must occasionally bend, kneel, squat, climb, stand and walk.
- The employee will frequently have to reach.
- The employee must be able to sit, have fine motor skills and use repetitive motion.
- This position requires an employee to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Supply Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.