- 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 3 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling
- 1-year telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, and sustained customer satisfaction, to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- Experience in the telecommunications industry desired
- Knowledge of DaaS, IaaS, DRaaS, O365, SD-WAN
- 5 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas
- 3 years’ successful telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 5159 Federal Blvd, San Diego, CA, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 208112