America’s largest privately owned company dedicated exclusively to aviation security. Our services include passenger, baggage, cargo, and employee screening, external/internal airport patrols, access control, air carrier security services, and more. Covenant Aviation Security, LLC has provided over 35 million hours of aviation security services.
Covenant was founded in 1992 to provide highly trained and motivated protective security forces to government agencies and select commercial customers. Building on Covenant's reputation for first class delivery of high-quality service and cost-effective contract administration, Covenant has enjoyed over seventeen years of growth while maintaining an unparalleled commitment to performance.
Covenant Aviation Security (CAS) is hiring full time and part time
security officers at HOU- Houston Hobby Airport
with a pay rate of $12.63/hour
You may use our virtual recruiter to schedule
an interview by clicking on this link [ Link Removed ]
- Appear on post in accordance with uniform requirements and fitness for duty.
- Maintain a command presence, vigilance and awareness at all times.
- At all times, convey CAS’s positive attributes of customer-focused security.
- Conduct post inspections, equipment inspections and review current pass along information to be aware of any new or changed assignments.
- Be able to identify and deny access of prohibited items.
- Remain knowledgeable of security orders, directives and procedures at all times.
- Admit or deny access as directed by management or Standard Operating Protocols.
- Stand post as a deterrent to any person seeking access to the controlled area by orally challenging them of their need to enter.
- Verify all person’s credentials and badges, ensuring the name, company and expiration date are all present on the badge. Verify the picture matches the person seeking access.
- Inspect all property, belongings, deliveries and merchandise in accordance with inspection requirements.
- Take reasonable and prudent action to ensure the safety of employees, visiting personnel, and client assets.
- Observe and monitor the actions of persons considering entering the secured area.
- Control the security post area using prescribed actions to meet entry and denial criteria.
- Use security equipment as prescribed per post and implement all access control measures.
- Prepare legible daily logs, reports and incident reports as required with adequate detail and description.
- Report to management all unusual or suspicious activity. Pass this information along during shift changes and briefings.
- Seek supervisory input as a situation dictates.
- Make immediate emergency notifications as necessary when confronted with creditable information.
- Provide directions as necessary.
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform vehicle inspections according to Standard Operating Protocols and post orders.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident
- Must have a valid Texas guard license. (Must possess unexpired state-issued guard license on the first day of duty.)
- Must be able to perform all functions of the job with, or without, reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to provide a local address and phone number.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a random drug screen.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn security operation and procedures.
- Must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be neat, well-groomed and present a professional appearance.
- Able to pass a skills assessment process.
- Able to meet any special qualifications set forth in post orders or other relevant protocols and directives.