We are looking for friendly, customer oriented, and enthusiastic people to join the Costello's Ace Hardware team! As a company, we are dedicated to delivering an amazing shopping experience to every customer, every time!
Position Summary: Managing Partners control the day-to-day operations of their store, including but not limited to the direction of store operations, finances, hiring, budgeting, supply place, and generating new business. Our Managing Partners are ultimately responsible for achieving bottom line profit quota goals.
**Must have B2B or Contractor experience**
What are the expectations of a Managing Partner?
1. Achieve your Financial Results – you are expected to hit your store’s bottom line profit quota.A. Store Sales Quota Dashboards – are you hitting quota on all sales channels and are you actively engaging your staff in these income streams.a. TSP-new accounts, door knocks, phone calls.b. Services, including Warranty and Delivery programsc. All other Dashboard Critical Categories of ClassesB. Expenses-make conscious economic decision based off your sales volumea. Payrollb. Occupancyc. Advertisingd. General ExpensesC. Other Income-hit quotas on other income streamsa. Acehardware.comb. Non-Retail Income
2. Community Insurgency – Are you making your store known in the communitya. Social mediab. Be active on Facebook store pagec. Consistently getting new followers to hit quota.d. Community and In- store events
3. 20/20 Vision Growth Plan Progress Reporta. Achieve your stores “key performance drivers”i. Scan Rate, Mystery Shop, Customer Survey, Training Hours
Major Responsibilities:Store financials results and hitting quotas on all KPI’s.Drive Sales in all sales channels including but not limited to DIY, Business-to-business, acehardware.com, non-retail income, services, and other key categories.Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.Takes inventory counts according to guidelines and assists management with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.Ensures proper store signage is always maintained.Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.Ensure they are staying involved in their Community by joining local Chambers of Commerce and participating in local fairs, charities, and other community events.Other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements:Strong leadership skillsAbility to work in a fast-paced, demanding environmentExcellent organization skillsStrong written and verbal skillsMust have reliable transportationMust be willing to work in a team, as well as independentlySense of urgency and follow through are essentialPrior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
Physical RequirementsWalking; Frequent; Flat surfaces from point to pointStanding; Constant; All work performed on feetSitting; NoneStooping; Frequent; To pick up cartons at floor levelReaching; Frequent; To a height of 6 feetLifting; Frequent; Up to 60 lbs., up to 500 repetitions per hour to a height of 4 feet (top of register); must be able to lift up to 25 pounds comfortablyHand Dexterity; Frequent; Must be able to use at least one hand to operate register and complete paperworkPushing / Pulling; Frequent; Move hand jacks from place to placeCarrying; Frequent; Up to 50 lbs., up to 10 feet, occasionally moreClimbing; In-frequent; Stairs in storage rooms; laddersVision; Constant; Read labels, recognize boxes, safety in workingHearing; Constant; Safety signals
The content of this job description is subject to change without prior notice.
Costello’s Ace Hardware is an equal opportunity employer
- Supervise overall store operations per the store managers direction
- Motivate store management and associates to total store achievement
- Identify new merchandise for store sales
- Oversee daily operations of store
- Provide leadership and enthusiasm to drive exceptional customer experience
- Supervise customer sales associates in store(s)
- Arrange and display store merchandising
- Assist the store manager with achieving the store payroll budget/total loss budget
- Develop store personnel and review the performance of store personnel
- Supervise personnel within store location
- Protect store assets and inventory
- Discuss store performance and goals
- Ensure all delivery information is recorded
- Maximize store sales and achieve store sales goals
- Escalate potential issues related to Construction, Design, Operations, Merchandising, Visual and Training in a timely and professional manner
- Lift and move product and restock merchandise
- Supported by monthly promotional activities, sales training, and bra fits service
- Define tasks and allocate resources to properly staff each event
- Manage all aspects of store operations
- Manage all aspects of store operations