What does an exceptional Cloud Software Engineer do?
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and Android client applications in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. An exceptional Senior Cloud Engineer merges wisdom in the field of back end development with a teaching mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of web applications.
As a Cloud Software Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting all technical issues related to on premise and hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Working directly with clients to understand business needs, define requirements, quote projects
- Building, testing, implementing and launching the solutions proposed.
- Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
- Being hands on with development and resolving of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
- Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
- Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
- Being highly motivated "self-starter" who is passionate about web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web developers.
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
- Developing back end APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and Kubernetes Express based services
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-4+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
- 3+ years of Java development.
- Relational database design & modeling.
- Understanding of functional/prototype/object oriented based programming principles
- Solid grasp of software development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
- Understanding of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Experience in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
- exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud platforms.
- Advanced understanding of NodeJS and Serverless.
- REST API design and development
- Experience working and building in microservice based paradigm
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Experience building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, e.g. Github Actions, CircleCi, Jenkins
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on Docker or Kubernetes.
Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment service gateways