We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will actively engage in navigating the intersection of engineering and operations.
Position Overview: Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We're building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators-engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems as we build our new platform in the public cloud.
As a senior member of our DevOps team, you will help shape the foundational systems that all Compeat engineers use to develop and deploy their applications, make infrastructure easier to understand and maintain to help orchestrate our growing business.
What You'll Do:
- Automate Public cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and cloud formation.
- Architect and build services and systems in both AWS (Multi-region) with a "Security- First" mindset.
- Container management with AWS EKS, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Ability to manage a VMware vSphere/ESXi 6.7 environment.
- Utilize scripting languages such as: python, bash, and powershell.
- Follow a continuous deployment, continuous integration model for server provisioning and application deployment.
- Setup code-pipelines for the delivery of code into Production.
- Set configuration standards for Cloud services, automation, virtualization, linux, and windows systems.
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Implement, review, and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, developers, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Professionally represent the DevOps team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain documentation of all Cloud infrastructure related components including build and modifications.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing "Always On" support.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extensive experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and framework.
- Automation expert with coding skills and a mindset to automate manual/repetitive tasks.
- Extensive scripting experience with Terraform, YAML, Ansible, Python, Bash, and knowledge of powershell.
- Automation experience in Public cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as Gitlab, Git, stash.
- Develop code promotion processes, pipelines, and version control.
- Senior Linux engineering skills, and working knowledge of Windows.
- Working experience with Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- AWS: 5+ years hands on administration and automation of various AWS services (ECS, EKS, LAMDA, S3, ALB/ELB, etc..).
- Experience with operating systems including vSphere ESXi, Windows, and Linux.
- Hands on administration of SAN. HP Nimble, Netapp.
- Experience managing Dell server technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high velocity environment.
- AWS or Google Cloud certification is preferred.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
Compeat is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual's age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Compeat!
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.
The health and safety of our applicants is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, all interviews will be contactless - over the phone or on Zoom.