The Head of Mobile will ensure Companion Labs mobile interfaces work seamlessly with the rest of the Companion service -- including the device and Companion coach -- in order to deliver on Companion's of fostering the human-animal bond through training and engagement
Companion has created the first automatic two-way engagement device for animals. The Companion service includes access to this device and to the Companion coaches (Human coaches) through its mobile application(s). The applications provide rich media updates in addition to real-time communication and serve as the primary interface for the service with the user.
This role will work with the User Experience (UX), Product, Animal Behavior and the current external mobile engineering teams to support the production service, and design, implement and test all of the features and experiences on the Companion Roadmap. Over time this will mean setting the course for, and scaling, the internal mobile engineering function.
- Work closely with the UX, Product and Engineering team to define, design, develop, test and deploy mobile applications for the Companion Labs product
- Manage in house and third party contractors as required to implement the Companion Labs mobile applications
- Maintain compatibility with iOS and Android OS updates
- Ensure compatibility with the top handsets deployed in the US and key international markets
- 5+ years experience developing and maintaining iOS and Android applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of designing, developing, prototyping, testing, deploying and maintaining iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with more than one strongly typed language like Swift, Kotlin, Java, or TypeScript
- Experience with securely handling consumer information
- Experience with video streaming
- Experience with remote API integration
You might be a phenomenal candidate if you answer yes to all three of the below:
- Have you released multiple applications on both the Android and iOS App Stores?
- Have you developed mobile applications that interact with hardware devices inside of rich and complex interactions?
- Do you love animals?