Community Tax, LLC (CTAX) is a nationally known and respected tax resolution and tax services firm based in Chicago. During his period of COVID-19 pandemic, we have successfully adjusted to a substantially REMOTE workforce model and have continued to grow and aggressively expand our national presence. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Tax Practitioner for licensed Attorneys and Enrolled Agents experienced in Tax Resolution representation. For more information regarding Community Tax please visit [ Link Removed ]
We are currently accepting applications from EXPERIENCED practitioners to work remotely and are considering both W2 and Independent practitioners. As a remote practitioner you will have access to all resources, and client volume we create with our national presence and marketing, Our practitioners do not need to do business development or worry about billable hours. We provide the clients and the technology to provide world class service to the clients.
We are currently considering practitioners on a nationwide basis with the exception of California.
Job Summary: This position requires a self-starter with the ability to think and work independently with strong working knowledge in state and federal tax law, and solid communication skills. The IRS Practitioner will work on the review, advocacy and resolution of tax matters and client controversies throughout the year, with the expectation of an increased workload during the tax season (January – April) and a high volume case load year around.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Investigate and diagnose a client’s individual and/or business tax problems
- Draft solution-oriented recommendations, strategies and arguments addressing specific clients’ tax issues on a consistent basis
- Use strong analytical ability to conduct tax related research
- Requires daily phone time – with both the IRS and States, understanding client’s individual and business tax issues and advocating on their behalf.
- Manage case files in a productive, efficient, and organized manner
- Professionally communicate with clients on an as needed basis
- Work collaboratively with all members of the CTAX team: Case Managers, Sales Associates, Tax Preparers, and fellow Practitioners
- Ideal candidate is licensed JD or Enrolled Agent with 1-3 years direct experience doing Tax resolution of Federal and State Tax matters, preferrably in a high volume environment
- Must be comfortable with Technology and have a personal office from which to work..
Education and Other Requirements:
- Ability to work accurately and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, as there will be communication with the IRS and client interaction
- Ideal candidate will have a strong desire to develop and grow in the field of taxation
- Able to balance a high volume work load
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to change
Community Tax provides competitive compensation, career growth and an extensive benefit program for full time employees including:
- Major Medical/Health
- COMPANY PAID Life, long term disability and short term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time